Programme Manager Role – Scottish MaaS Alliance (SMA)
Mobility as a Service (MaaS) is an evolving discipline that offers significant opportunities for Scottish companies within a multi-billion dollar global market.
Technology Scotland (TS) and ScotlandIS (SIS) are developing this market capability through a Special Interest Group and seek a Programme Manager (PM) to lead on this activity. The post is part-time and for a maximum of one year.
The purpose of the role is to engage Scottish industry and the public sector with this emerging market; to develop the Scottish MaaS Alliance (SMA) as a major force in the global development of MaaS; to help Scottish based companies increase their market and profitability through MaaS; to help promote Scotland as a leading global location to develop and de-risk MaaS systems and products.
The successful candidate will have an in depth understanding of the industry and work with members of the Alliance to develop opportunities, both domestically and across the global MaaS market.
The PM must have a proven track record in MaaS and have demonstrable credibility, competency and experience spanning the public, private and academic sectors.
The PM should be able to evidence a number of the following skills and capabilities:
- Internationally recognised expertise and experience of MaaS and the way it has and is developing.
- A proven record in the promotion, development and delivery of MaaS.
- Senior level experience and track record of delivering programmes and projects in a large-scale, complex and fast moving environment.
- Senior level experience working with stakeholders across the public sector.
- A strong network of connections across the private, public and academic sectors at a senior level in Scotland, across the UK, and internationally.
- Have a proven track record in business development, and selling to senior executive contacts.
Scope of the role:
- To support members of the SMA as they seek to be part of the global MaaS market.
- To promote the SMA nationally and internationally and help establish the SMA as an internationally recognized MaaS cluster.
- To grow the SMA in terms of members and services
- To develop the SIG business plan with the Board and other stakeholders.
- To develop and deliver at least one MaaS demo project.
- To continue to develop established links with key public sector stakeholders and universities.
- To develop links with key funding bodies.
- To develop links nationally and internationally with other MaaS networks and establish partnership
- To work with existing SMA members to secure their agreement to membership fee levels and services offered.
- To set up the SMA under the auspices of Technology Scotland & ScotlandIS with its own Steering Group.
- To organise appropriate support services including a web site, social media, and dialogue networks.
- To organise a programme of events through the year.
- To help identify permanent staff to support the SMA as it develops.
- To strengthen links with TS and SIS and other relevant organisations to the mutual advantage of all organisations.
Key Outputs and Milestones:
- Support the aims of the SMA and TS/SIS.
- Provide direction and leadership
- Facilitate industrial connections and partnerships, helping SMA members to enter national and international global supply chains with respect to MaaS.
- Work with partners in the public sector and academia to promote, develop and build understanding of MaaS.
- Promote Scotland’s MaaS capabilities nationally and internationally.
- Be active in MaaS networks nationally and internationally.
The post will be based between SIS and TS offices in central Scotland with the option of working from home from time to time. . An attractive salary and conditions package is available.
Applicants are invited to write a detailed response outlining their relevant experience and qualifications, and articulating why they believe they should be considered for the role.
Applications should be sent by email to SMA@technologyscotland.scot, or to SMA, Technology Scotland, Geddes House, Kirkton North, Livingston EH54 6GU
The closing date for all applications is Tuesday 18th October 2016.